Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

my last work day until January 2/Christmas plans

Started by Anonymous, December 14, 2018, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Today is my last work day until January 2..

ac_smile

I exchanged gifts and cards with co workers today..

Tomorrow and three days next week, I volunteer for the Salvation Army..

Next Friday, I cook Christmas dinner for all the people working at husband's shop and bring it to them like I do every year..

On Christmas eve, my mother and my mother in law come to our house and stay for two nights..

We attend a special Christmas eve fellowship..

What are your plans for Christmas?

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"We are going to Mexico for Christmas.

Oh my, that would be different....for my family.

Bricktop

You'll be glad to get back to work for a rest...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"You'll be glad to get back to work for a rest...

lol

Vancouver

Tomorrow will be my last day of work until 27th. Might take the ferry over to Vancouver Island some time next week.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Tomorrow will be my last day of work until 27th. Might take the ferry over to Vancouver Island some time next week.

We've been to Vancouver Island, but we flew. What does it cost to take a car across?

Anonymous

We have a party to attend tomorrow night and one Thursday. My kids will come over Christmas eve and the morning of December 25.

Vancouver

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Tomorrow will be my last day of work until 27th. Might take the ferry over to Vancouver Island some time next week.

We've been to Vancouver Island, but we flew. What does it cost to take a car across?

They charge $17.20 per person and $57.50 for the vehicle. That's the rate for one way. I might have second thoughts about going now. It'll be a day of adventures but life will just be the same after the trip.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

They charge $17.20 per person and $57.50 for the vehicle. That's the rate for one way. I might have second thoughts about going now. It'll be a day of adventures but life will just be the same after the trip.

That depends, what day were you thinking about going over and will be just a day trip?

Zetsu

My brother and I have been kinda busy lately during the past few days, but we finally got nearly all the work done.

My sister in law and her mom will be coming over to Toronto during Christmas to see the aurora lights, though I won't be going with them.  Maybe it's time I should pay my best friend a visit this Xmas... only met up with him once every year since he moved to the US.  ac_unsure
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"My brother and I have been kinda busy lately during the past few days, but we finally got nearly all the work done.

My sister in law and her mom will be coming over to Toronto during Christmas to see the aurora lights, though I won't be going with them.  Maybe it's time I should pay my best friend a visit this Xmas... only met up with him once every year since he moved to the US.  ac_unsure

So, are you going to the USA over Christmas?

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"Today is my last work day until January 2..

ac_smile

I exchanged gifts and cards with co workers today..

Tomorrow and three days next week, I volunteer for the Salvation Army..

Next Friday, I cook Christmas dinner for all the people working at husband's shop and bring it to them like I do every year..

On Christmas eve, my mother and my mother in law come to our house and stay for two nights..

We attend a special Christmas eve fellowship..

What are your plans for Christmas?

Thats awesome Fash!

As far as work, we usually work half a day on Christmas Eve, they make a dinner for us, then we leave for the rest of the day with pay, plus a bonus ($100). But the past few years, since there were only a few of us, they took us to Golden Corral, which I dont normally like. But when we go, they still have the bacon out, and I load half my plate with that lol. Last year, I was the last non family member, and the family had health issues, think the dad maybe, and I didnt get a dinner. This year who knows, but I know we will take off Saturday through Christmas this year, 4 days.

As far as plans, I need to get started lol. I havent even made a Christmas list yet, that starts today. Also need to make a list of all the goodies ingredients I plan to make. Was thinking of having a small get together on Sunday, so I dont feel so rushed at other family functions on Christmas day. Make a good meal. I'll prolly eat at my gf's parents house, then my in-law's house on Christmas.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"We are going to Mexico for Christmas.

Ha! Thats where my brother is this week I believe lol.

Blazor

Quote from: "Zetsu"My brother and I have been kinda busy lately during the past few days, but we finally got nearly all the work done.

Oooo, I would love to see the aurora lights some time in my life.

I feel ya, my brother was kinda like my best friend, and I only see him once a year, then he comes here once a year, which I think is in a few weeks. Which state he in?